It’s Day 1 of the Simon Says Stamp DieCember Blog Hop. I’m sharing a new die called the Filigree Message Oval die. It’s a die that allows you to stamp a phrase or message across the delicate filigree oval design. I’m using some additional Simon Says Stamp products to make my inspiration card.
To make this 5″ X 7″ card, I started by die cutting the filigree design from a 5″ X 7″ card front. I saved the die cut pieces to use later. I also die cut the design out of white cardstock, and fussy cut out the entire oval. I cut the design on the stitched edges of the message bar, too. The two filigree pieces were adhered to the front of the card front, layering right on top of the soft gray cutout design. A black square with white lines was added to the top of the filigree to mimic an ornament hanger.
The “believe” word was stamped and die cut. It was also die cut from black craft foam and the foam was adhered to the back of the word. The phrase, “Don’t stop” was also stamped using Versamark and heat embossed in white. The phrase was cut out and set aside.
The long phrase, “hold on to…” was stamped on the message bar, centering over the oval design. The phrase was stamped on the top half of the bar, allowing room for a strip of teal cardstock to be adhered below.
Once the teal strip was in place, the word “believe” and the “don’t stop” phrase were glued in place above the strip. The cutout bits that were saved earlier, were randomly glued above and below the teal strip. White dots were added using a white gel pen. Horizontal strips of colors in pink, aqua, teal, lime, red and white were placed behind the filigree design. Lastly, sequins in pink, aqua, teal, lime green and red were also attached. Then entire card front was adhered to the 5″ X 7″ card base to complete this card.
In case you missed it, here’s another card I made using this sweet, new die. You can find all the details on my blog post here.
Now for a chance for freebies…
- Leave a comment on my blog below! One individual will be randomly selected from each blog hop stop to win a $25 coupon. You must leave a comment to enter! Simon Says Stamp will choose the winners over the weekend and post on the Simon Says Stamp blog on Wednesday, the 11th of December.
- Place an order and use one of the codes to the left to receive a FREE pin with qualifying purchase. Choose from five adorable Christmas-themed enamel pins! Offer valid while supplies last or until 12/8 at 11:50 PM ET.
Want more inspiration? Check these out…
- Our Blog hop will continue on Friday, Dec 6. Stop in on 12/6 at the Simon Says Stamp blog to learn which stops are on the hop!
- Go to instagram and search on #SSSDiecember for more inspiration and ideas!
- Make sure you visited every stop on today’s hop. Here’s the list and you are at the last stop on the hop if you started at the Simon Says Stamp Blog.
Bobbi Lemanski (You are here!)
Thanks for stopping by today!
Bobbi Hartmann Lemanski, Bobbi Hart♥ Design,
Adding h♥art into every design