I’m sharing a Valentine’s Day card I made for the Scrapbook and Cards Today, Winter Issue. The creative challenge was to create a valentine for a teenager. I feel like this was a perfect challenge for me since I’m the mom of teenage twins. 🙂 My husband, Kevin and I have a boy and girl age 17. I added all the stuff that reminds of their lives right now to this card. My card features the following stamp and die sets from the following companies:
- Rule the World stamp set by Echo Park Co.
- Love and Hugs stamp set by Your Next Stamp
- Perfect Chemistry stamp set by Your Next Stamp
- Food Puns stamp set by Hero Arts
See the Remaining Supply list below with direct links to products used.
This card has everything to do with high school, teen loves, junk food, coffee shop faves, clothing trends, upbeat words, school subjects and more! Using a combination of the sets listed above, I created a collage of teen stuff! The collection of images create a collage of interesting tidbits of teen life using a sweet color scheme. Then at the very top of “hill” is that cute cat holding one big heart with the words, “Happy Valentine’s Day.” This is a really card and can be personalized to fit the teen you are making it for, too.
To make this 5″ X 7″ card, follow these steps:
- Blend Picked Raspberry and Fired Brick Distressed Inks on a 5” X 7” white card front. Splatter with water and blot dry to create water spots. Spray with Shimmer Mist for a sparkly surface. Set aside to dry.
- Stamp, color and fussy cut images as shown.
- Layer some of the smaller images by attaching to square and rectangular shapes in various colors of cardstock.
- Attach images to card front, slightly overlapping to create a “mound” of teen icons. Add foam tape/dots to some to create dimension.
- Stamp and cut the “Happy Valentine’s Day” phrase snipping fishtail ends and adhere to heart.
- Embellish front with rhinestones, enamel dots, and acrylic hearts
- Adhere card front to a gray 5” X 7” folded card base to complete card.
Want to see more ideas and inspiration from me? Subscribe to my blog, BobbiHartDesign.com.
Bobbi Hartmann Lemanski, Bobbi Hart♥ Design,
Adding h♥art into every design
Remaining Supply List
Embossing powder: WOW Embossing Powder
Enamel dots: Honey Bee Stamps
Rhinestones: Honey Bee Stamps
Sprays: Tsukineko Shimmer Mist
Tools: Scor-Pal, Fiskars, Honey Bee Stamps Ink Blenders
Pens/markers: Copic Sketch Markers
Foam dots: Scrapbook Adhesives