Jungle Friends is one of the latest sets by Craftin’ Desert Divas. It’s filled with the cutest animals direct from the jungle! I used this set to create this “peek-a-boo” card exposing the phrase, “Go Wild” inside. I used the following products to make the card:
To make this 5″ X 7″ card, I used a combination of the animals colored in bright colors with the leaves stamped in black to allow contrast and make the animals stand out. Here’s the basic steps:
- I used watercolors to brush color onto watercolor paper and then die cut the letters out of the colored design.
- I also die cut the letters out of black cardstock to create a bit of a shadow for each letter to stand out even more. I adhered them together, slightly offsetting the two layers.
- I used Copics to color in the animals in bright colors, matching the watercolors used for the letters.
- I die cut the opening from the front.
- I stamped leaves around the opening in black and added the animals.
- I added some water around the hippo to add to the animal’s vignette scene.
- I also added a few colored leaves around each animal to highlight and ground them in some cases.
- I stamped and heat embossed the “happy birthday” phrase using white embossing powder. After cutting them out in rectangular shapes, I adhered them to the card front.
Here’s a few close-ups of the card front.
Tip: If any of the leaves or animals extend through the center opening, I added a “white” backing for a clean look when opened.
Thanks for visiting! Go wild and have a great day!
Bobbi ♥ Design