Hey there! I decided my cute gnome should wrap a pine tree with a loooooong string of lights to make this holiday bright! This card was made using the following Honey Bee Stamps product that are part of its latest release, Season to Sparkle now available to purchase at HoneyBeeStamps.com
- Stacking Pines Dies
- Merry Lights stamp and die set (the die set is nice to have for the bulbs that go on top of the tree)
- Gnome Place Like Home stamp and die sets
- Snowy Day Coverplate die
- Christmas Blessings (for the bottom phrase, only)
To make this card,
- I die cut out of two colors of green cardstock and pieced together the trees using the Stacking Pines dies and added some simple shading using YG67 and YG03.
- I stamped colored and die cut my gnome from the Gnome stamp and die sets.
- I also stamped, colored and fussy cut out the string of lights from Merry Lights stamp set. This will require some masking since only the lights from t his set are needed. You could cut the lights from the design, but I simply masked and stamped only the lights. You have to do this for stamping on the lights on the tree. It’s not hard, just requires a few post it notes and attention to detail! The nice part is that the colored lights are dies from the Merry Lights Die set. If you don’t want the die set, you could add Pearl Pen or a similar product to drop NUVO liquid color drops on each bulb.
- I die cut the background snow design using the Snowy Day Coverplate die.
- I hand cut a few snowy hills for the foreground and did some simple shading using B00 and BV000 and BV00.
- I assembled together on a slim line card measuring 3-1/2″ wide by 8″ tall.
- I stamped the phrase as the bottom to completed this fun card and added more falling snow over the entire front using Copic C1 on the white snow and a Uniball Signo White Gel Pen on the colored areas such as the trees.
Want to see more ideas and inspiration from me? Subscribe to my blog on the right.
I’ll send you updates on new posts!
You can find me on Instagram as @BobbiHartDesign and on Facebook as BobbiHartDesign.
Bobbi Hartmann Lemanski, Bobbi Hart♥ Design,
Adding h♥art into every design